Monday, January 31, 2011

Pollo e Peperoni

The view from my bedroom window this morning

These long cold winter days find me craving those one pot meals that warm you to your core...soul food... 

Pollo e Peperoni (Chicken & Peppers)
       3 lbs. chicken breast
       3 peppers - 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange
       2 cloves of garlic
       1/2 cup white wine
       1 can crushed tomatoes
       salt & pepper to taste

Cut chicken breast and peppers into bite size pieces.

Heat oil in a large pan, add garlic and saute until golden, 3-4 minutes.
Add chicken, sear, add salt and pepper.
Add white wine, cook over med-high heat until wine evaporates.
Add tomatoes and peppers.
Cook covered for 25 minutes.
Then uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.  Salt & peppper to taste.
J.A. Henckels International Classic Clad 5-Quart Saute Pan with Lid
I served the chicken & peppers with brown rice.
It was delicious.  Enjoy!





I love, love, love this saute pan.  It is my absolute favorite pan, the perfect size for whatever I am cooking.  Everything I cook in it, cooks to perfection.  It was well worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment