Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hot Chocolate

This morning I awoke to a winter wonderland...again...our 7th in a month.


The fresh fallen snow is breathtaking...a perfect day to indulge in a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.

They say wine is the elixir of the gods...but I believe it has to be chocolate.  Chocolate is high in antioxidants and releases endorphins, the happy hormone.  Can anything be better that that???

I am a bonafide chocoholic, basically if it's not chocolate, I don't want to waste my calories.  I have tried many recipes in my quest for the perfect hot chocolate.
Thus far, this is my favorite recipe: 
                                                     1 cup whole milk
                                                     1 tablespoon sugar
                                                     3 tablespoons Ghirardelli natural unsweetened cocoa
                                                     Heat milk in a small pot.
                                                     As the milk warms, whisk in cocoa & sugar.
                                                     Whisk until well blended and hot.
                                                     Serve with a marshmallow.



When I was a child there was a commercial for Calgon bath soaps, it's slogan was  "Lose yourself in luxury. Let Calgon take you away." ...(okay, now I have really dated myself.)  I cannot think of anything more luxurious on a cold winter day than a cup of hot chocolate - and for a moment I am taken away, cherishing all that is good in my life, including the fresh fallen snow.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment